Brickwork & Stone Cleaning
Whether you are looking for professional brickwork cleaning to smarten up the look of your building; need to repair damaged bricks and missing pointing, remove unsightly deposits caused by lichen or algae, or clean up a car park, we can help.
We offer one-off or periodic brick and stone cleaning.
About Our Brickwork & Stone Cleaning Service
Prior to any building cleaning project, our team will conduct an on site façade survey and assessment to determine the nature of the masonry, the type of soiling and the relationship between the two. Where brickwork, terracotta and stone are concerned, the effect of weathering on the units and their joints is a fundamental part of the assessment process.
Each material will have very different properties and sensitivities when it comes to cleaning. Variations in surface texture, hardness and porosity, together with the cause of soiling will require different cleaning approaches to be used. A sample test should be carried out as part of the initial assessment to identify the specific cleaning regime which will be most effective and to estimate duration of project.
- Most brick types are susceptible to impact damage and hence are readily damaged by abrasive cleaning (also inappropriate for historic brickwork, removal of paint and graffiti)
- cleaning chemicals must be used at low strength, applied neatly, left for short dwell times and thoroughly rinsed off at non-damaging pressures.
- atmospheric soiling is not water soluble and may respond better to steam cleaning
- pointing mortars, which are based on soft mixes of lime and sand, are usually even softer than the bricks themselves and require a gentler approach
What causes discolouration in the appearance of a building’s façade?
A variety of factors but most commonly:
- General neglect
- Harsh weather
- The growth of algae, moss weed, fungi on surfaces
- Environmental pollutants
A robust maintenance schedule which includes periodic façade cleaning will help preserve your building’s appearance and minimise damage to the architecture of the building.
Cleaning your building façade, forecourts and car park can make a significant difference to the appearance of the outside space of your property and give a great impression of your business.
We specialise in restoring stone and brickwork and offer a variety of solutions to clean, restore and repair brickwork facades as a one-off project or on a periodic basis. We have the right tools to tackle dirt and grime which can build up on block paving in busy car parks also.
Call 0208 7207229 for a quote
- Steam cleaning at low pressure. More about facade steam cleaning.
- Flat surface pressure wash – we use a variety of cleaning attachments to avoid overspray and focus water exactly where it is needed, covering large areas of concrete, or paving very quickly. Our pressure washers allow for various intensities of water pressure, adopting a gentle approach where required, so as to avoid damaging the surface.
- Blast cleaning which we carry out on both internal/external brickwork to effectively remove limestone and industrial paint preparing surfaces for refurbishment. More about blast cleaning.
- Chemical cleaning is generally suitable for the removal of builders residue from new brickwork (e.g cement, paints) and can easily accommodate variations in brickwork condition, texture and hardness. This may include the use of an alkaline-based degreasant followed by a solution containing hydrofluoric acid to break down the silicates. We start our process of cleaning the brickwork by applying a specially formulated chemical to the brickwork, which, when combined with warm water rinsing will reveal the beautiful original colours of your brickwork.
Call For a Quote:
0208 720 7229
Why Choose Our Services
At Impact Restoration we have the right tools and properly trained operatives to provide outstanding service that get jobs done quickly, to the highest possible standard with amazing results.
We are facade cleaning experts with years of experience, many satisfied customers and repeat clients. We believe we are the best at what we do!
- We are an accredited Safe Contractor.
- Fixed price quotes.
- FREE sample clean (within M25).
- Environmentally friendly cleaning processes.
- Our projects deliver quality, on time within budget.
- Our multi skilled team will save you time and money.
- We provide an excellent and responsive customer experience.
What Our Customers Say
"Working with Impact Restoration was smooth and pain-free. We were kept updated with what was happening on the day and on the next few days, so we could let clients in the building know. The team based here were always happy to help and clear up any issues that we had. The thing I valued most was clarity of communication, which we had. The team stuck to schedule and worked hard and the building looks amazing. I would 100% recommend using Impact Restoration"
K Osborn, Community Manager, Regus, Reading
"Impact Restoration provided quality service from start to finish with minimal disruption. The team were a pleasure to deal with and the results achieved exceeded my expectations. I will use their services again in future"
I Ahaneku, Building Manager, Tishman Speyer Properties UK Ltd
"From our experience, Impact Restoration team always delivers their services in line with agreed timeframes and budgeted costs. We can rely on them to carry out works in accordance with tailored requirements, which are specific to different aspects of construction projects. We never received an answer “this might not be possible” - on contrary, Impact Restoration team always tries to accommodate our enquiries regardless of how challenging they might seem! Thank you!"
Lisa Pozina, Head of Construction, Select Developments Group Ltd
Building Cleaning Services
Hayes Business Studios 25, College Way, Coldharbour Lane, Hayes UB3 3BB
0208 720 7229